Thursday 31 May 2007

In my madness

One essay is nearly done, I'm about two-thirds of the way through the other one. My brain hurts. And now my ankle hurts, along with most of my muscles, as we've been rock climbing (indoors, we're not that crazy) and I slid off the wall and scraped it on a hold. Ow :( whinge, whine. Obviously I need to go more often so I stop being so rubbish!

But in knitting news, as well as the Sockapalooooza socks by August, I have signed up to test knit Snow White for Ysolda by the end of June. She has very kindly added an XS to the sizing, as I'm of pixie proportions and the pattern has negative ease, and after quite lot of effort and an enormous swatch (for me anyway! I usually just plunge in) I have gauge using some Jaeger aran in 'dark denim' from my stash, and attempted the double rib tubular cast on (from her fab tutorial, which made it much easier than I thought it would be) and knitted the first 6 rounds.

It looks... small. :) Picture when there is more than a tangle of blue-grey string wrapped round an Addi Turbo...

3 comments:

ysolda said...

oh it will look much longer and thinner than it should, but it's right don't worry!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you're very busy! Have fun with the test knit.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the final essay. I've always wanted to try walk climbing, but I'm too afraid of falling and looking like an idiot :)