Tuesday 12 June 2007

Knitting at last

Finally my essays are done and I've had a breather (if you count ripping out a bathroom and two walls, and work going haywire a 'breather') and now I have time for knitting!

I'm making inroads into Ysolda's Snow White test knit. It still looks like a hat :) but I'm confident it will work out fine, I certainly have plenty of negative ease! I keep thinking it's going really slowly, but then I remember it's in the round and I'm knitting the back and the front at the same time. This is it resting on my book, and I'm just at the end of the decreases and ready to do the straight waist bit before starting the increases.
I'm also still practising the continental rib on my test sock (I'm just doing my normal throwing action for the ribbing on Snow White) and I was getting worried that it wasn't pulling in very much so the sock wouldn't stay up, it was too loose, I should abandon continental as a bad job... Uh, yeah. It pulls in.

I'll have to be careful I don't cut off the circulation to my knees.

No comments: