Tuesday 1 May 2007

In progress

As well as several unfinished projects languishing in bags somewhere about the house, I am working on a pair of 'traditional' heel flap socks for my friend J's father
They are in Regia Silk, number crunching by Ann Budd, fudged by me, 3mm needle (I knit quite tightly)

and a cardi for myself based on a fleece cardi I really love that fits me well. The fleece version is looking a bit old now so I've measured it all over, calculated the evil gauge and done the back, a front and a sleeve. Even though I measured several times my sleeve is still too long, but I don't really want to unpick my lovely seam and rip it back. Swatches lie :(. I am hoping to get a definitive pattern for a cardi for myself. I love Ann Budd's books but the sleeves are way too baggy for me. It is Jaeger DK Merino, with a hem in something random.

The merino is really nice to knit with, and I've had it for a few years so can't remember how much it cost, which makes this project practically free! Winner.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your friend's father is very lucky - Regia Silk makes a very nice, soft sock.

The cardi is looking great!

Welcome to blogland :)