Monday 14 May 2007

mmmm, sock wool...

The wool arrived very promptly, and is really soft. The brown is 'squirrel' and the red is 'scarlet', and it is pretty eye-searing. The 'witch' is very pretty, and the repeats are quite short so it should knit up nicely. Here you can see it in the skein, resting on my swift (handmade by my lovely boyfriend M and with a little light reading for an assignment in the background), and wound in balls.









All in natural daylight, with no flash. I'm hoping the red will be toned down a little when striped with the brown, it's a really nice intense colour but I can't look directly at it...
Next: swatching!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The red and brown will look great together! And I love that "Witch" colorway.

Seanna Lea said...

I love the witch! What yarn brand is that? I might need to acquire some for myself.