Wednesday 9 May 2007

Will it be the same in person?

I've just ordered some sock yarn from Violet Green in the hope that it will be suitable for my sockpal, called 'Witch'. Of course, if it isn't quite the colour I think it is, then how awful, I will have to knit it up for myself, and go shopping afresh. How dreadful. Hee!
I've bought some solid colours as well, as I'm very tempted to do some stripy socks that are a complimentary pair rather than a matching pair, like these by Eunny Yang. It would be a good opportunity to get my jogless jogs right, though if Eunny says she can't get them perfect then I doubt I have a hope. And the last pair of striped socks I knit were 5-round stripes, and I think that was too much to carry the yarn up, but I didn't want loads of ends to sew in. Maybe 2- or 3-round stripes would be ok.

4 comments:

Shari said...

I love that colour. I think I will have to buy some for myself if you are not my sock pal!

Unknown said...

That "witch" yarn is beautiful!

Jamie C. said...

What a FANTASTIC color! Thanks for turning me onto that shop. I might have to do a little shopping for myself this afternoon!

Sheryl said...

Great color. My sister would just love this yarn.