Monday 13 August 2007

Sockapalooza 4 Socks!

My socks arrived from my pal! They are fabulous! They are made from Socks That Rock mediumweight in Monsoon, with a garter rib pattern. Shown with Maine moose and lobster lollies. My pal is Julie - thanks, Julie! :)
The yarn is amazing. I've read on people's blogs for ages that they love it and always thought, oh, it can't be that good, but blimey!
My wonderful pal sent me the remainder of the ball and I was compelled to cast on a baby sock IMMEDIATELY. Where can I get this stuff??? I LOVE IT. The closest I have come to it before is Cherry Tree Hill, which you can get in the UK, but it is not quite as soft. It's really nice to knit with and the socks feel very substantial and they are cushy and warm. I have already worn them even though it is 'summer' and look forward to wearing them loads in the winter.
Mmmm, new handmade socks... they fit perfectly and I love the colours! It is very difficult to take pictures of your own feet!

Thank you so much, Sock Pal! :) :)

No comments: