Wednesday 9 May 2007

A new sock

I've started a new sock for me, mainly black regia stretch with contrasting toe of some stripy stuff I don't have enough of to do whole socks. 64 stitches around, short row toe from provisional cast on. I might try the heels with the pick-up-wraps-then-pass-them-over method rather than the knit-the-wraps-with-the-stitch method (I'm so articulate) from the tutorial here at Misocrafty. Though I've already done the toe as a double-wrap. If they look better than my usual short-row heels then I'll use that for my Sockapalooooza socks.
I still don't know what pattern to use, but I'm thinking I might go for the Monkey socks that are so popular at the moment by Cookie A. My pal says she has quite trendy tastes but doesn't specify lace or no lace, so I might have to ask!

In other knitting news, I am getting stuck in to the second sleeve for my cardigan, but I'm in several minds about the first one. The shoulder fits really well, the armhole is the right depth, but somehow my arms have shrunk. Not really a summer length, but I always have cold hands in winter. Another possibility could be to make them an inch longer and put thumbholes in them. I think I will just carry on as it is and revise my numbers for the next version!
I have two jumpers to unravel because I knit them from the Ann Budd books, they look great folded up but are rather sack-like on my straight, tiny frame. I hate unravelling a finished item that took hours to knit, but if I can't wear it, there's no point in it taking up room in my wardrobe. Just hope I can find my ends!
PS Hi 'Thelma' :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

lol Hi Weeza :)